Thursday, June 30, 2016

June Highlights


  Well, June went by kinda fast. :P Did you think so? 

   I did a few things this month, but the real summer fun starts next month for me. :) I know. I just can't stop talking about it. :P 

Anyhow, here are some highlights from June 2016:

\\I helped out with vacation Bible school. Was a leader for the first time. :P (You've probably already heard this before. :P)

\\My mom and some ladies started a Bible study (which is almost over) and so I was one of the main people helping out with the kids... lots of kids. We usually did a little lesson with them too.

\\I'm getting better at crocheting. :)


\\I went swimming for the first time this year last week. ;) I should post the pictures from it soon. :)


\\We went garage sale-ing and shopping a bit this month. Getting clothes for our trip next month, and all. :) I bought a new purse too. It's small with a long strap, so I think it'll be nice. :)

\\We've been enjoying picking blackberries (if that's what they are) from the edges of our woods. :) It's pretty fun. 


\\A tree fell down during a storm. I have pictures of it in my June currently post here.

\\I did three recipe posts this month:




\\I won first place in the Ilyon Chronicles Fan Art Contest!! :D I was so excited! The winners and runner's up were posted here. :)




\\ AND I bought two books this month! Well three, actually. (think that's all.) So garage sale-ing I bought a book for my sister for 25 cents. :D 

Then, since I got a $30 amazon gift card for winning the fan art contest, I bought myself two books with some of it. :) 

I already got one: Resistance!! Now the lovely big book is sitting on my shelf! ^___^  

The other one is The Captive Maiden by Melanie Dickerson. :) I haven't read it yet, so it'll be fun to do so!


So... that's kind of about all we've done this month. :) 

Next month- whew!- Is going to be much more full of activity. 
Let me warn you: When I get back from vacation next month, this blog is going to be flooded. With pictures. Of mountains. And everything. SERIOUSLY. 
I'm probably going to be kind of stressed out trying to take pictures of everything! :P *dies!* I'm going to have to tell myself to just enjoy it, and not try to capture everything. 
I wonder if my camera card will even be able to hold all the pictures I'm bound to take. I had better take a safe drive just in case. :P

Well, I hope you enjoyed this post! Welcome to July tomorrow!! :D

WHAT DID YOU DO THIS MONTH?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a good month! :D Shopping before a trip is always fun. :P Our trip last summer was a secret so we couldn't let anyone know why we were shopping so much :P

    I don't think I've done anything super cool this month - anything that I haven't already posted on my blog, anyway :P

    I can't believe July is here already! But I'm really excited about it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! :) It has been fun, getting new summer clothes and all. ;D That must have been interesting, haha. :P

      I didn't do a whole lot of interesting things either... but I guess you don't have to do a lot to have fun. ;)

      Yea, it came pretty fast! July will probably be the "highlight" of my summer. :)

      Delete
  2. Again, sounds like a wonderful month. :)

    Ooh, VBS. I'm sure you did a great job helping out.

    BLACKBERRIES! I love those things. <3 When my family lived in Florida on the beach a loooong time ago, we'd pick wild blackberries on the beach sometimes. Funness and yummyness. :P

    I hope you have fun on your vacation! Last summer, when my family went on vacation, my memory card ran out of room for all the pictures I took, so we had to order a new one from my grandparents' house. So yes, I suggest taking a backup card. ;)

    Yay for crochet! (hey, that rhymed...) I, as you might know, love it. <3 I have so much yarn that it filled up an entire large trashbag to take on the move. Crazy stuff. xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice. :)

      Well, I did alright. I'd probably be better as a helper, not a leader. :P But I think it was good for me.

      YES, it's so fun to just go out and pick wild blackberries. ^___^ Blackberries grow on the beach? That's cool- and it sounds fun. :)

      Thank you!! :) Yea... I would die if I couldn't take any more pictures because my card ran out of space. O.O I don't have an extra card, so I could probably bring a memory stick thing. That way, if I ran out of room on my card, I could put some of my pictures on there. :)

      It's definitely a good pastime! :) My mom bought a bunch of yarn the other day from Goodwill... so we've got lots of yarn around here too. :)

      Delete