Saturday, September 24, 2016

Book Review: King



  Hey, I just finished this awesome book! :) It's the last book of The Books of the Infinite series, by R. J. Larson, and it ended quite wonderfully! ;) Now I need to read her Realms of the Infinite series! EEE! I wonder how I'll get them though, since even the kindle edition is pretty expensive? :| Hmm.

  So, read my review and everything, and then read this wonderful, non-magical allegorical fantasy series! =D


ABOUT THE BOOK

  Akabe of Siphra, I have brought your enemies low and lifted you out of the dirt

    Against his wishes and desires, Akabe Garric has been chosen by his people to be king. A warrior at heart, he'd never dreamed of such a swift, unexpected rise to power. Determined to prove his worth to the citizens of Munra and honor his Creator, Akabe undertakes a monumental task: to rebuild the Infinite's Holy House in Siphra.

   Only this I ask: Restore My temple and let Me dwell again among the people.

   Akabe soon discovers that the land he needs is held by the Thaenfalls, known Atea-worshipers, who will give up their claim only if he marries into their line. Though he seeks direction from the Infinite, his pleas are met with silence. Frustrated, Akabe makes an impulsive decision, sweeping his nation into a lethal storm that threatens his plans for the temple. As questions of faith and love become tangled with lies, ancient feuds, and treacherous plots, can Akabe, his mysterious queen and his trusted friends, Ela and Kien Lantec find the Infinite's path, or will they fail as so many others before? 

   Will your faith hold strong when I am silent? Child, can you be My king?


  




MY REVIEW

   Oh my, what a GREAT ENDING! My brother bought me Judge and King for my birthday, so now I got to read the last in the Book of the Infinite series. It was a great end, another fantastic book by R. J. Larson! Now I HAVE to read her other books!

   Despite being a reluctant king, Akabe of Siphra strives to do something honorable: rebuild the Infinite's temple. But when his plans are disrupted by Ateans, Akabe makes a rash decision without getting the Infinite's approval. This leads to one catastrophe after another, threatening the lives of himself, his new queen, Kien, Ela, and many of his people. Will his actions make him a failure king so soon after being annointed?

   Like the previous books, King was full of more dangerous adventures. We get to know Akabe better, as well as Caitria, a new character. I quite liked her. :) Our dearest Kien and Ela are still main characters, which is a must. ;) The four get into some very dangerous stuff, I tell you! Confrontations with assasins, and Bel-Tygeon, along with fights and lethal wounds- oh, poison too! :P

   There was more elements of romance in King, than in the other books. Kien and Ela's relationship... continues, and there are also some new couples. It's just a little more of a mature theme than in the other books. The epilogue of the book was soo happy! You'll see! :D 

   There was violence and blood, as in the other books. Maybe more in King? There was quite a lot of death, but nothing I couldn't handle though. :P Only be worried about it if you're REALLY sensitive to that kind of stuff. 
   Also, Bel-Tygeon, an immoral king who says he's a god, has lots of ladies, and he isn't married to any of them. 

   King also has little bits of humor (what book couldn't with our Kien and Scythe? ;D), which is the BEST. :) 

   Thus, my review! I hope it prompted you to give these books a try! They're really good, you know! ;)

Recommended to: Non-magical-(besides the Infinite's power, which isn't magic) allegorical- fantasy- lovers, adventure-lovers, and those who enjoy meaningful, clean romances. :) Ages, tentatively, 15+ 











  Aaand I haven't even reviewed the second book, Judge, on Goodreads! :P Seriously! I think I may have written up a review on paper, though- I'll have to dig around and find that! In the meantime, I'll tell you that Judge was also a great book! Kien! <3 :P This cover is probably my favorite! The sword on his back, the cloak... ahh. :)

  Until next time, people! *salutes*




2 comments: