Tuesday, April 10, 2018

DIY Corner: Letter Necklace Hanger


Hey y'all! So today {tonight actually} I have a super easy DIY project that I came up with recently. As I've already given away in the title... a "letter necklace hanger"

I had received this wooden letter "N" from someone, and still not done anything with it. So one day I had the idea to make it into something to hang my necklaces on. Quite simple, but fun and unique. :) 

If you want to try it {or see mine}, I shall tell how below. Easy as pie. *winks*


You will need: a wooden craft letter {your first initial}, paint and paintbrush, small hanging nails and hammer, a type of string {twine, ribbon, etc.}, and cardboard {etc.}.


Use cardboard or something sufficient to place the wooden letter on while you paint it the color of your choice. 


I used some "outdoor\indoor" white gloss paint we had on hand. *shrugs*


Paint away! Probably do at least two coats.


Let the paint dry.


Now it's time to put in some nails for "hangers".


Nail them wherever you'd like, however many you want. Just make sure that wherever they are on the letter, that once necklaces are hung on them, they won't be hanging into each other... if you get what I mean. ;)


Finally, take your choice of string or ribbon and tie it to the top of the letter in a way that you can hang it by a tack or nail on your wall. I braided some yard and used that. ;P 
Or you can be more cool and attach some sort of hanging thing-ys to the back of the letter and hang it up like a picture frame... whatever you choose. ;P

Anyhow, wa-la, your little necklace hanger is complete! *confetti*






Hope you enjoyed this Tuesday post, yet again late. *laughs* Time to go get ready for bed and read books! =D



6 comments: