Sunday, September 6, 2015

Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Shakes

Healthy. Filling. Breakfast.
 
So I'm following a blog called "Running With Spoons" (There's a link on the side of this blog, under the title, "Blogs I Follow"), and there are a lot of oatmeal smoothie recipes on it. So I made up my own. :) I'd advise eating it for breakfast, not after a meal. It's filling. But really, if there's ever a morning that you don't feel like eating eggs or something, just whip up a shake. :) (it looks more like a shake than a smoothie, doesn't it?) Here's my recipe you can follow.
 
Chocolate Banana Oatmeal Shake 
 
1\2 C milk
1\2 C water
3\4 C oats
1 T cocoa powder
about a t honey
1 T shredded coconut
1 medium banana
1\4 C walnuts
a little lemon juice
------------------------
Blend all together and enjoy for breakfast or to satisfy hunger.
-----------------------
  I made this twice, and both times it was different. So you can make it to your liking. :) Add, or omit ingredients. Just have enough liquid and oatmeal, and throw in whatever else.
 
  And now we kind of have a photo gallery of shake pictures. :P But really, that's kind of the fun-est part of doing recipe posts. :) 
 

 


 
(if the window looks a little weird, its because I blurred it in an attempt to get rid of the streaks and all)

2 comments: