Tuesday, November 7, 2017

LIFE + Thoughts I Wrote about Awe \\ Oh Beautiful Fall


Just a quick Tuesday post, way late, though I have an excuse. My sister and I babysat cousins overnight, then my mom picked us up to sing at an assisted living with friends and family from Bible study, then we came home... and headed out to the "big city". We went to the mall, and my older sister and I got some nice country boots to share. *grins* It's about time I got some real country-girl boots.



On Sunday before church, my little siblings and I had some fun with the leaves. Me and my three-year-old brother were gathering leaves. We actually have a lot- and a lot of pretty ones. ;) Of course, with all the fall beauty around me, I had to grab my camera... and a rake. *winks* We made a leaf pile, and if there's one thing about leaf piles and kids, it really draws out real smiles. :) I'd love to show some of the pics I got of the kids, but my mom doesn't really like me sharing those on here anymore. *sad face*





And now, just a few thoughts I wrote down a couple nights ago, in closing...

Sometimes we seem to forget WHO God is. Then there's that moment of awe when we remember. The sound of pouring rain and rumbling thunder- that is God's power. That storm is of His creation. Wow.
Or when you look at, or feel, your hand in the night, and that thought comes: God MADE this hand. Awe. It's so amazing when we truly think about this. I mean, we all know that God made us and everything else. But there are those moments when it actually hits you... and you glimpse His power, or His intimate connection to us.





WHAT DID YOU DO TODAY? EVER HAD SIMILAR AWE-MOMENTS? FAVORITE PICTURE?


4 comments:

  1. Fall is just so beautiful!

    Today I just lived life, did my hair in a pretty up-do...

    Me and my sisters went and played in the leaves a while ago... (you're never to old to play in the leaves)

    I LOVE the last picture! SO cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worked today. *winks* then stopped at the trading post to break my big bill. Came home and.... yeah, that was my day. ;P
    I loved this post so much <333
    and I'm LOVING fall. *throws leaves around*
    I love that you shared your thoughts <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, yay for earning money! *winks*
      Why, thank you! <3333
      It's been a good fall. I went outside today in my (and the sister's) new country boots, and sat on one of our big round hay bales outside. ^___^ Only for a little while, because our poor tied-up dog was whining at me. ;P Dog's know how to draw out your compassion. xP
      Glad you do ^___^ <3

      Delete