Monday, November 18, 2019

in loving memory of our cat \\ SPICY



If ever there was a cat with nine lives, it would be our cat, Spicy.

She was dropped off at my aunt and uncle's house back in 2007, by some random people. Then they gave her to us. I feel like she was sort of "my" cat at first. I think I may have even been the one who named her. "Spicy" probably sounds like an odd pet name, but after so many years, it's normal to us. xP
I think she was a little scared at first, but we fed her some milk and were obviously nice owners, because she became one of the nicest cats there was. :) She was friendly and mild-tempered, rarely scratching or nipping. A good hunter too.


Me and Spicy, back in 2007 or 2008. I was doing school, I think. *laughs*

Spicy in Minnesota

When we moved to Minnesota, Spicy came with us, along with our dog Daisy. We got her (our dog) a little after getting Spicy. We still have Daisy. :) Those two had their share of fights, but I'd like to think they became loyal to each other over the years. Maybe kind of like adopted sibings. xP They have been seen eating the same food together, after all. But Daisy still teased, for sure.
We moved from Minnesota after about five years. Spicy and Daisy both came with us. We moved in the middle of a heat wave, and Spicy had kind of a traumatic experience because of that. Poor thing. But, she survived!

Spicy in our current state :)

You know, this cat was with us for more than half of my life! She lived to be nearly 12 years old. That's old for an outside cat! According to Google, the average outside cat lives for only 2-5 years. 
Just gotta say, we were blessed with one of the best cats there ever was (bias or not), and I'll sure miss her. It is rather sad when you lose a pet that has been there for so long.


So, just a sappy post in honor of our beloved cat Spicy, who recently disappeared. I don't know if we'll ever have one like that again, but we'll miss her. <3






EVER LOST A PET? FAVORITE PICTURE OF SPICY? :)


13 comments:

  1. Spicy reminds me of a cat that Missy and Mikey used to own. Except theirs was a tomcat.

    I like that picture from 2007. And that's a long time to have a cat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, she looks like such a nice cat! We have a cat that seem similar to her in personality, named Max. :D
    Recently I actually lost two bottle calves to a sweep of pneumonia where we lost a bunch of cattle. It was pretty sad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was! Cool, those of the best kind of cats. ;)
      Aw, that's sad

      Delete
  3. Haha that is pretty old for a cat! We have outdoor cats that are at least 9 years old and my uncle has a house cat that is 13!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Yeah, it's nice when your pets stick around for that long. :)

      Delete
  4. She sounded like a sweet cat. <3
    I love that picture of from 2007. I actually thought it was one of your younger sisters before I read what you wrote underneath it. xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was one when you got your cat!😆

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post! Really enjoying your blog. Thanks for the share!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely kitty. Wish to have one.

    ReplyDelete