Yay! (: Today I'm participating in the Blog Tour for author Jaye L. Knight's new release, Half Blood, a prequel novella in the Ilyon Chronicles Series. I'm also doing a review. (:
So if these books interest you, you should totally read them! They are awesome!
About the Book
The gasps and murmuring grew. Though some were hardly more than whispers, clear words reached Jace’s ears—dangerous, monster, animal, soulless. He tried to back away from their accusing eyes, but the collar pulled hard against his throat and held him in place.
For all his years as a slave, Jace has known nothing but the hatred people hold for his mixed blood—one half human, the other half the blood of a race considered monsters. Always, he is the outsider and quickly learns it is better to keep to himself. But, when his volatile ryrik blood leads him to do the unthinkable, he is thrown into a world of violence and bloodshed.
Forced to become a gladiator, Jace finds more and more of his heart dying as his master works to break down his will not to become the monster everyone believes he is. When a stranger interferes with his master’s harsh punishment, Jace’s world is upended yet again. But with it comes the possibility of hope that has long since died. Could the man possibly hold the key to escaping the hopeless darkness that is Jace’s life? Is there such a thing as life beyond the cruelty of slavery?
See where Jace’s story all began . . .
* * *
About the Author
Jaye L. Knight is an award-winning author, homeschool graduate, and shameless tea addict with a passion for Christian fantasy. Armed with an active imagination and love for adventure, Jaye weaves stories of truth, faith, and courage with the message that even in the deepest darkness, God’s love shines as a light to offer hope. She has been penning stories since the age of eight and resides in the Northwoods of Wisconsin.
You can connect with Jaye on her website, blog, Facebook, Google+, TwitterEtsy, and on her new fiction forum where you can interact with other readers of the series.
(My Rating: 4 stars)
Half Blood is a novella prequel to Resistance, about Jace’s previous life.
Jace has been a slave since he was a young child. Every new master he is sold to is worse than the previous one. Everyone believes the same thing: that Jace is a monster, and after one terrible day, he believes he couldn’t be anything more. But when everything turns black in Jace’s life, could there still be a life for him- could there still be hope?
If you have read the other Ilyon Chronicles books, you should definitely read Half Blood. Or if you haven't read any of the books, start with this one. This story of Jace’s terrible life as a slave and gladiator shows you why Jace struggles with thinking he is a monster, and has no soul. Ah, poor Jace! The deep despair of his gladiator life, and then the wonderful turning point bring a stark contrast. The feeling of hope is that much more wonderful after the horrors Jace had been through. (:
And young Jace was so cute! <3
So, Half Blood was an enjoyable read, and everyone who wonders about Jace’s past should totally read it. (:
As for ages… well, I think teen+ would be good. There is some violence, and other things , but they are pretty mild.
Share in the excitement of the release and enter to win a themed giveaway pack! Prizes include an autographed copy of Half-Blood, a blue feather bookmark hand crafted by Jaye, a bronze sword pendant, and a $5 Amazon gift card! (Giveaway is open to US residents only. Cannot be shipped internationally.)
Tuesday, July 14
· Tour Introduction at Jaye L. Knight
· Review and Author Interview at 26 Countless Possibilites
· Review and Author Interview at Lianne Taimenlore
· Review and Author Interview at Crumpets 'n' Cream
· Review at Tialla's Tellings
Wednesday, July 15
· Review at The Destiny of One
· Book Spotlight at One Servant's Heart
· Review and Author Interview at Leah's Bookshelf
· Review and Author Interview at Red Lettering
· Review and Author Interview at Zerina Blossom's Books
Thursday, July 16
· Review and Author Interview at Sutori no Hana
· Review and Author Interview at Scattered Journal Pages
· Review and Author Interview at The Splendor Falls on Castle Walls
· Author Interview at A Writer's Faith
· Review and Author Interview at writinganyone
Friday, July 17
· Review and Author Interview at Written Rest
· Book Spotlight at Tell Tale Book Reviews
· Review and Author Interview at The Pen of a Ready Writer
· Review and Author Interview at Morgan Elizabeth Huneke
· Review at Poetree
Saturday, July 18
· Review at A Writer's Heart
· Review at Reality Calling
· Author Interview at The Art of Storytelling
· Book Spotlight at Thilly Little Nothings
Sunday, July 19
· Review at Through My Lens
· Review at Elvish Pens, Fantastical Writings
· Book Spotlight at Letters from Annie Douglass Lima
· Review at bookend
Monday, July 20
· Review at Pencils Can Change the World
· Review at Backing Books
· Review at Melody Jackson, Author
· Book Spotlight and Author Interview at In the Character's Shadow
Tuesday, July 21
· Review at A Vintage Girl in the Modern World
· Book Spotlight at However Improbable
· Review at God's Peculiar Treasure Rae
· Review and Author Interview at Writings, Ramblings, and Reflections
Wednesday, July 22
· Review at To Be a Person
· Tour Conclusion at Jaye L. Knight