Tuesday, January 15, 2019

My Goals, Hopes, and Inspiration for 2019


At just two weeks into the year twenty-nineteen, I've already  had the feeling that this is going to be a good year. I don't think I really had much for goals right as the year started...

But then there's been these things. Small things, good things. I feel like God is maybe working in my life. :) There was the sermon at our church a couple Sundays ago that I think hit home with some of us. It was about drifting. You know how the Israelites, after being brought up out of Egypt, wandered in the desert for 40 years? Turns out they could have made it to the Promised Land in about 11 days. Like, what??! 
Well, that's kinda how I've been. Just drifting through life. Not really changing much. Going in circles. And goodness, I don't want it to take ME 40 years to get where I want to be. I want to live an abundant and joyful life. :)

So I have goals now, guys. *winks* Just things I want to strive toward. I don't have to do everything perfectly, and always feel fired up and ready to conquer the world; but I think persevering after these goals will help me be more intentional in life. :)

So here are a few goals of mine for the year 2019!






MY GOALS FOR 2019


\\ Read my Bible and pray daily

\\ Grow in my faith and as a person in general

\\ Work out\excerise three times a week

\\ Buy a car

\\ Be more involved in my church


\\ Grow as a photographer

\\ Read at least 10 books
\\ Journal more

\\ Don't let myself drift from day to day, but to be intentional about life and accomplishing things, connecting with people, etc. (kinda sums everything up).





So, some ways these goals have already started showing promise, and why this year is looking like it may be different... in a good way. ;)

I got a free membership for the place I work (the YMCA), so I've worked out there 3 times so far. Me and exercise have never really gotten along that well, but this is something I may be able to be consistent with! I actually enjoy walking on the treadmill and listening to music. ^__^ 
It's so cool how God works... I get this job that is like perfect for me (as far as any old regular job goes), and with it comes the easiest way ever to get my exercise in. I'm so blessed.

Another cool thing that has happened is that we've started getting more involved in our church (it's a big church). Some of us went to Wednesday night activities last week, and my mom and I went to Sunday small groups this past Sunday. I'm looking forward to finally getting to know more people! It's so impersonal to just simply go to the service on Sunday when your church is as big as ours is. I'm excited!

I've started praying on my way to work these days. It just may be the best way I've found so far. The easiest, at least. I keep the music off, and I can talk out loud if I want. 'Cause there's nobody there to listen except God. *winks*








2019 BUCKET LIST\WISH LIST


\\ Go on 1 or 2 vacations

\\ Go to the beach!

\\ Buy a laptop

\\ Buy a new phone

\\ Go exploring for a day in the city

\\ See cousins and friends who live in other states

\\ Have many, many adventures!


Just a few things that I would like (not in order)! ^__^ 









MY WORDS AND PHRASES FOR 2019



Fear GOD, not man.


This one is HUGE HUGE for me. It's not so much fearing man, as in evil people. It's fearing what people think of me. Fearing man's opinion... when God's opinion of me and what I do is the only one that matters. Like I said, this is a reminder I need. Like, bad.

When I am weak, HE is strong.



Unless the LORD builds the house, the  builders labor in vain.
-Psalm 127:1


If you try to "build" your heart and character without God's help, you labor in vain!

FREEDOM

JOY


Two absolutely beautiful words. These I want in my life. Like an eagle soaring above mountain peaks. Like millions of twinkling, shining stars.



This year, I just want to know I'm growing. I want to learn more of who God is, I want to be less afraid, and I want to overflow with JOY. 
<33



WHAT GOALS DO YOU HAVE FOR YOURSELF THIS YEAR?

ANYTHING ON YOUR BUCKET LIST?

DO YOU HAVE A WORD OR PHRASE YOU'D LIKE TO SET AS YOUR INSPIRATION FOR 2019?

Let's chat!!


7 comments:

  1. LOVED this post, Natasha!! =D <3 You did a great job writing it! =)

    I do have some goals for this year- to get my ears pierced, ride a horse again, advance to a higher level in our band program, etc.
    A bucket list? Hmm, well, I actually count my Goals For 2019 my bucket list, so it's kind of a mashup of the both. so ^^ that's part of it. =)

    Yes, actually, I do have a "phrase" with this year. "Love Your Neighbor as Yourself." - I just feel like that's really good verse for me to have as inspiration for the year- and every year.

    But yeah, goodness, I've probably taken up this whole commenting section right now with my text (this comment is getting LONG xD), so I should probably get going, but I really did love this post! And those ways that you posted about God really working in your life were cool as well!!

    Have a great day, and an AMAZING 2019, girlfriend! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! <3 :D
      Cool! Those are great goals. ;)
      Yes, that's definitely a good thing to remember always!
      Oh it's perfectly fine! ;D I'm glad you enjoyed this post! It's a little more personal than usual. :P

      YOU TOO! <33

      Delete
  2. Wow, girl! You just gave me a "Me, too!" moment! I can relate to pretty much everything you said in this post, which doesn't happen very often. I literally just did a post on the word I chose for this year--'GROW'--a couple of weeks ago. I have been thinking about what you're saying; one thing I decided I did NOT want to do this year is sit stagnant--no growth, no movement, no working to increase any talent, etc. So you can't imagine what an encouragement this post is! Thank you so much for sharing!

    Keep shining; you're making a difference!
    Hosea 6:3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, really?! Wow, I'm so glad this encouraged you! That's so cool. Your comment blessed ME. ^__^ Let's do this! God is more than powerful enough to help us accomplish our goals this year. <33
      Thank you!!

      Delete