Saturday, February 16, 2019

Black Bean Mousse Brownies



HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY WEEEEEKENNNND! 

How are you guys? Did you have a fun Valentine's Day? Okay, maybe you were single and sad, but whatever. I'm sorry. :P I'm single as can be, and I honestly didn't feel sad about it on the 14th. *shrugs* Not that I've really been old enough to even qualify as a "single" for very long, so I guess I can't say anything yet. *laughs*

It's ok, y'all. There's hope. :P I'm actually doing a book study for this book, Love Defined, right now. The authors, founders of GirlDefined Ministries, are currently putting on a study of the book on their Instagram account. They've been doing a live video every day. So yeah, I'm hoping I'll become wiser. =D 

Anyhow, another thing I decided to do a couple days ago is go off of eating sugar. I have cheated... I mean, they offered me chocolate strawberries at work twice in a row. So I ate two chocolate strawberries. :P I decided dark chocolate DOESN'T count, so I've eaten 70-85% dark chocolate too. Also, savory sauces at restaurants don't count. I make my own rules, ok? lol.

So yesterday, since I'm off sugar, I decided to make a healthy dessert. The idea was brownies, but my creation turned out more mousse\pudding "brownie". Here's the recipe. ^__^



BLACK BEAN MOUSSE BROWNIES


15 oz can black beans

1\4 cup cocoa powder

1\2 cup walnuts

2 eggs

1\2 tsp salt

1 banana

4 tbsp butter, melted

1\2 tsp vanilla

1 tsp baking powder

2 tbsp yogurt

2 tbsp maple syrup

1\3 cup water


Place all ingredients into a blender and blend well. Pour into a lightly greased 9"x9" glass pan and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 28 minutes. Let cool and enjoy! 

tip: combine some yogurt, maple syrup, and vanilla for a topping. Even better, whip some cream and sweeten it with maple syrup.









If you're not eating sugar, maybe you'll want to give this a try. It's good, and filling. You could even eat it for breakfast. :)

Also, if you did the survey in my last post thanks! If you haven't done it, it's currently still open. :)



WHAT'S UP? WOULD YOU TRY THIS RECIPE?



7 comments: