Tuesday, December 5, 2017

The Christmas Tag


So I had to do something for my Tuesday post, and I remembered that I was tagged by Hannah S. for The Christmas Tag... perfect solution! *smiles* Especially since, now, we are in the Christmas season. So thank you for tagging me, Hannah!


1. What is your favorite Christmas movie?

Well, I really haven't watched that many... one I'd probably like to re-watch this Christmas season is Holiday Inn. :)

2. Have you ever had a white Christmas?

Yes, I've had quite a few. I lived in Minnesota for about five Christmases, and I can almost promise you every one was white. *winks* After all, when you know that spring has come to Minnesota, it's when all the snow starts melting. No big deal there. But now, I think it'd be nice to have a white Christmas again.

3. Where do you usually spend your holiday?

At home, folks. I'll be home for Christmas... See? It's ideal, apparently. *winks*

4. What is your favorite Christmas song?

I couple of my favorites are Mary Did You Know and The First Noel. And these links are Scotty McCreery singing them, of course, because his voice is wonderful. <3 Especially singing those classic Christmas songs (Mary Did You Know probably isn't "classic", but... it still has that Christmas feel. *smiles*).

5. Do you open any Christmas gifts on Christmas Eve?

We have. I guess it depends on the year, and what we decide to do. ;)

6. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? 

Uh, nope. Turns out I couldn't even spell "reindeer". *laughs at myself* At least not on my first try. I just right clicked and found the right spelling instead of figuring it out. ;P 
But, let's see. There's Rudolf, of course... Prancer and Dancer? That right? That's probably all I have. *sticks out tongue*

7. What holiday tradition are you looking forward to most this year?

Uhmmm... tradition...? Okay, I must confess, my family doesn't have much in the way of big traditions. It would be kinda cool if we did, but... ;P We have the normal things, like setting our Nativity scene up, hanging stockings, probably reading the Christmas story sometimes during the season...  Oh wait. I guess we usually always make homemade cutout cookies. In fact, the dough for them is in our fridge right now. We might be making them as you read this (this is a scheduled post). *smiles*

8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?

Okay, so we haven't always had a tree. *hears everyone gasp*  Many times it's one hauled from out of the woods. I guess that adds some spice to "our" Christmas. *smiles* But this year, we're planning to buy a "fancy" one. Still a real one though. ;)

9. What is your all-time favorite holiday food\sweet treat?

Cookies are kinda one of the only "Christmas" foods we have. So I guess I'll go with Chocolate 

10. Be honest: Do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better?

Well... that's kinda hard? If I get a gift for someone that I think they'll really like- that can be so exciting, enjoyable, and satisfying. I like gift-giving. When I have the funds\ creative skills to give a nice one. And receiving gifts is always fun. Depending, it could almost be a tie. IDK.

11. What is the best gift you've ever received? 

For Christmas? I don't really know. I just get nice things, and it's fun. ;)

12. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season? 

A cabin in the mountains, perhaps? *shrugs* That'd be cool.


13. Are you a pro present-wrapper, or do you fail miserably?

I'd say I'm decent, I think. ;P

14. Most memorable holiday moment?

Hm, don't really know? Seems like I kinda remember getting up while it was still dark when I was pretty little, wanting to open stockings. Kind of a warm feeling. ;)

15. What made you realize the truth about Santa?

Never believed in him, far as I know. ;P

16. Do you make New Year's resolutions? Do you stick to them?

Um, I kinda have. And I don't believe I did too well. xP

17. What makes the holiday special for you?

Well, maybe the traditional songs, family all around, twinkling lights, opening the gifts... joy? Maybe it's the feeling, and the happiness. :)


I TAG: 

Daminika @ Walking in the Sonshine, Dancing in the Rain

Shantelle @ Between the Pages of this Bookish Life

Julia @ The Barefoot Gal







10 comments:

  1. Your welcome! Glad you enjoyed it.
    I loved reading your answers. Everyone always has such different answers to tags!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, tags are fun! I'm glad you enjoyed reading it! :)

      Delete
  2. This is a great tag. I enjoyed reading your responses and currently it doesn't look like we'll be having a white Christmas up here in MN....Minnesota is being a bit emotional and indecisive. I honestly think our state has bipolar disorder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed reading it! :) Oh, really? Haha, the weather is really unpredictable. You just never know. xP I don't really KNOW all our Christmases were white when we lived there... I just guessed. 'Cause that's usually how it is, I think. ;P

      Delete
  3. I was just thinking that I should do a post but I didn't have any ideas. Then I seen this! Thanks fo tagging me :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Tags are life-savers sometimes, right? ;D

      Delete
  4. This post has been so much fun to read! Love it! A cabin in the mountains does sound great!
    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed! Yes! I think I'd love it! =D Just nature... <3

      Delete