Saturday, June 16, 2018

CLASS OF 2018 \\ I Graduated


How weird is this? Little old me...  how am I almost an adult when I was just a kid a few years ago? I was still thirteen when we moved to the state I now live in. A baby teenager. And time. flew. by. 

Actually, time always seems to fly by, doesn't it? WHY ON EARTH DO I KEEP TALKING ABOUT HOW TIME FLIES BY THEN? *sticks out tongue* Whatever.

No matter how fast it came, I've arrived here, guys.

I graduated, 5/11/18.



Alongside the other seniors from my homeschool group, I put on my cap and gown, the blue honor cord my mom gave me in fine arts, and paraded up the church isle to my front row seat. I felt a little awkward, actually, so maybe I didn't "parade" up there. :P All those people watching me. Me, with that odd flat box on my head. *laughs* If you think about it, graduation caps are a little strange.

Anyhow, we all took our seats and the ceremony began. There were six of us graduates in all, and half of them gave a speech. My presentation was a slideshow of my photography; no more spotlight on me than necessary. *winks* 
We had a speaker, and he gave us a good message. I remember it was pretty good, but I don't recall much of what he said. If any, really... Nice, Natasha.

Finally, a slideshow of around 20 pictures of each of us played, along with the song of our choice. My song was Count That High by Jordan Feliz. Yes, I used that one. *winks* The verse I chose, also displayed on my slideshow, was Isaiah 40:31:


"but those who hope in the Lord 
will renew their strength
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."


At last, it was time for us to receive our diplomas. On cue, I rose from my seat and walked up on stage, took my diploma with one hand, and shook the speaker's hand with the other. {that pic in the collage below is me receiving my diploma- I cropped out the other people in regard to their privacy}


After we all had our diplomas, we stood in a line on stage and pulled the tassels on our hats to the other side. Graduated. 

Ready, set, GO! Up went our caps! *inserts virtual confetti*

After that we had cake and finger food, and just hung out in the crowd of people {or on the edges, too}. Received the "congratulations" from people. Got some fun pictures holding an object that represents us. I held a camera, surprise. *smiles*


It was neat, and I'm so glad I had the opportunity to have a real ceremony, alongside my fellow homeschool seniors! Actually, now we are homeschool graduates. Now it's time for us all to find our path in the real world. I don't think I feel that grown up yet, but I guess it's time to start figuring out what I'm going to do with my life. In any case, to start doing something worthwhile, somewhere in the right direction. *smiles* 

I don't know where I'm going, but if God leads the way it will be an amazing journey, I'm sure.


Even though I'm not running off to college or doing anything huge, this still is a pretty big thing. It may not seem like it for ME. But this kind of marks the real end to my childhood {even though I haven't considered myself a child for awhile now} and the beginning of adulthood. Let's see how I do on that. :P Wish me well!

Thank you all for reading, and I hope you enjoyed my post on this milestone I've reached! It was nice reliving my graduation experience while writing this post. ^___^



A few of my senior pictures!





CONGRATS TO THE REST OF THE CLASS OF 2018!!!





Professional photo credits to two photographers from my homeschool group. Please reserve all rights.

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Natasha!!!! So incredibly excited for you! I was just reliving this sort of moment in my last post; it can be really scary stepping out of high-school and into the future, can't it? Especially if you don't know what that looks like for you--college or no, job or no, etc. Keep running after Jesus, Natasha; you're making a difference where you are right now, and you're not going to miss what He has for you. :)
    AMAZING photos and wow you're a talented writer!!
    Blessings & Love in Christ ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! It certainly is new territory, with lots to learn! I'll hopefully get some sort of job (ideally a photography business in the future). But yeah, kinda crazy to be at this point. ;)
      Aw, thank you for the encouragement! <3
      Really?! Well thanks! ^__^

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Tasha! <3
    I loved reading this post so much!
    Love ya <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Daminika! <3
      I'm glad you did!
      Love u too, girl <3

      Delete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS NATASHA!!! Graduation is huge....even if you don’t know where your headed next!! Ahh your senior picture are 😍👏🏻😄👌🏼!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!
      It is pretty big! A new season. :)
      Aw, thanks! ^__^

      Delete
  4. Congratulations!

    I really like your senior pictures! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!!! Your pictures are so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Natasha! *high fives another 2018 grad*

    ReplyDelete