Tuesday, September 18, 2018

The Lake and the Hills (out West) \\ PHOTOS


One thing I love about the West are the mountains and hills. There is somethings so peaceful about them... just standing there and looking out for miles, so quiet except the breeze and natural sounds around you. The best.

These are a few pictures I took during our trip when we went on a picnic at the lake (reservoir) with family. I experienced kayaking for the first time! It was cool, but I would've enjoyed it more if we'd gone at a leisurely pace. I don't really find exercise the most fun. Maybe it was leisurely for the others, but I guess I'm not the most in shape. Haha. xP 

We also went swimming, which was quite fun! A few of us swam out to these big logs ( they served as a "wave" breaker, I'm guessing) and hung out on them for awhile. ^__^

When it was time to leave, I went with my older brother, mom, and a few other siblings up to some property lots in the hills. My brother had worked up there, so he could get us in (there was a gate). It was SO PRETTY! Looking down, we could see the lake we had just spent our afternoon at. Then we went further, walked up some lots to where we could see the mountain off in the distance. We found some juicy blackberries to snack on on the way as well. Like, yes. *winks* I loved it up there. Totally my kind of excursion. :)

So, ahem. Here's my pictures, so you can see the beauty for yourself. *winks*



















WHICH PICTURE DO YOU LIKE BEST? HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE MOUNTAINS? EVER BEEN KAYAKING?



10 comments:

  1. Home! <33
    I love the picture of Saint Helens, "my mountain".

    *sigh* I miss the mountains. I feel like they are the only place I truly belong. And as though I can finally breathe again.

    And, I have never been kayaking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like that picture! St. Helens is beautiful. :)
      I don't totally know what it's like to leave HOME... because we've moved so much, and I'm not sure where home really is. xP I can imagine it must be hard to leave the one place you've always lived though. And especially if it's the mountains! ^__^

      Delete
  2. Wow, these were gorgeous pictures, Natasha! great job!! =D
    Which picture do I like the best? mmmm....well, you got a lot of great ones, and 5-8 are just some of the ones I like. =)
    Have an amazing day, Natasha! =D
    Jaidyn Elise<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jaidyn! =D
      Glad you like those ones. :)
      Thanks, you too! Or... have a nice evening! ;)

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! =D
      Jaidyn Elise<3

      Delete
  3. Ah, the mountains. <3 There's a rugged calmness about them that makes you feel refreshed and alive. I haven't been to the hills in a while. These pics make me want to take a hike up Silver Star.
    I think I like the second to the last photo best, but I love them all! <33333

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they're wonderful. ^__^ You should go. ;)
      Aw, thanks! Glad you like that one.

      Delete
  4. St. Helens looks so naked *laughs*
    I can't wait till she's covered in snow again, I always get sad when I see her without her clothes ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess that's true, lol. ;P So barren compared to in the winter... ;)

      Delete
  5. Oh I really like #3 and #10! They're so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete